The world’s best-performing natural silicone alternative.
Neossance Hemisqualane (INCI: C13-15 Alkane) is the answer to growing consumer concerns around silicones. Unlike dimethicone, Hemisqualane penetrates the hair shaft for maximum nourishment and protection. In color cosmetics, skincare, and antiperspirants, Hemisqualane offers exceptional sensory and functional performance.
Transforming the Beauty Industry
Today, the beauty industry heavily relies on silicones for their sensorial benefits in skin and hair care. However, consumers have woken up to the variety of concerns around silicones. They’re now demanding a natural silicone replacement.
Up until now, natural silicone alternatives have not performed equivalently to D5 and dimethicone in haircare, skincare, antiperspirants, and more. Our Neossance Hemisqualane revolutionizes the silicone space. Across applications, sugarcane-derived Neossance Hemisqualane offers the same performance benefits as silicone without the environmental repercussions. Plus, it has 99% purity. With Neossance Hemisqualane, silicone-free products are now thriving across a variety of clean beauty categories:
- Haircare: Fights frizz, boosts shine, protects from heat damage, and enhances combability.
- Color Cosmetics: Imparts smooth sensorial across color applications from pressed powder to liquid foundations.
- Antiperspirants: Creates a soft, touchable glide across the skin for superior applications.
The Aprinnova Advantage
The patented technology behind our bio-fermentation manufacturing process ensures we maximize our efficiency while minimizing our waste. It’s how we make our clinically proven, high-performance ingredients without compromising the environment.
Go Net-Positive for the Planet:
- Our rapidly renewing sugarcane feedstock grows irrigation-free in coastal Brazil
- Any bio-fermentation waste product is thoughtfully repurposed:
- 60% of the water is recycled
- Spent yeast are applied as fertilizer
- Bagasse (sugarcane pulp) creates steam power for bio-fermentation and the local power grid.
Sugarcane bio-fermentation creates an impressively sustainable solution for traditional ingredients like cyclomethicones or dimethicone. Instead of the energy-intensive process of silicon dioxide (SiO2) conversion, we’ve designed a bio-fermentation process to make Neossance Hemisqualane from renewable sugarcane. Bonsucro, a World Wildlife Fund-founded NGO, certifies fair treatment and wages for all along our sugarcane supply chain.
Aprinnova: the trusted sustainable beauty ingredient manufacturer