Cosmetics Business Live offered one of the most exciting online events of the season with updates on the latest trends and developments in the cosmetics and personal care industry. Whenever participants logged on, they could listen to a sleek, user-friendly livestream of industry experts providing insights on formulations, ingredients, regulations, packaging, and marketing and sales trends. Live Q&A sessions and presentations sparked thoughtful conversations and connections.
Aprinnova was a featured exhibitor and presented “How to Join the Sustainable Beauty Renaissance” on May 11. In case you missed the presentation, here are the key takeaways:
- Clean beauty is at the beginning of a new era: the beauty renaissance. A new humanism is powering this transition into this new beauty renaissance. Consumers are longing for a brighter decade ahead while creating inclusive communities. They are working towards a more sustainable, eco-friendly future. They expect and demand that brands work towards this type of future with a significant level of transparency. The beauty renaissance goes beyond clean beauty — it includes community and societal benefits as well.
- Three strategies can help brands embrace this renaissance by focusing on supply chains, the microbiome, and clean technologies.
- Sustainable and Ethical Supply Chains: Trust is at the core of any successful customer relationship. Increased transparency can establish this trust. 73 percent of millennials are willing to pay more for a product that offers complete transparency in all attributes. Brands can look to manufacturers for assurance that they promote sustainable and ethical sourcing. Aprinnova, for example, uses Bonsucro’s Chain of Custody certification to ensure the sugarcane used for ingredient production are traceable from farms to end users and adhere to fair trade standards.
- Microbiome-Friendly Ingredients: Consumer demand for beauty products is shifting based on preferences in health and wellness, urbanization, simplification of routines, and media coverage. Media sources like Vogue, Byrdie, and mindbodygreen drive consumer awareness of the next mega trends: the skin microbiome. In a fast-growth landscape, brands must differentiate themselves with claims consumers understand. One way is through certification. MyMicrobiome is the first microbiome-friendly-certifying agency. This new certification adds a layer of transparency that consumers have been requesting. For example, Neossance™ Squalane has been certified microbiome-friendly by MyMicrobiome.
- Embrace Clean Ingredient Technologies: New ingredient innovations help reduce packaging or waste streams during manufacturing. Brands can embrace these innovations designed with the environment, sustainability, and transparency in mind. Examples of these clean technologies include solid applications, circular beauty, and clean UV dispersions. Aprinnova has a range of ingredients to support this effort, from SimplySolid for solid applications, Biosilica™ for circular high performance ingredient manufacturing, and clean suncare with CleanScreen™ mineral UV dispersions.
The sustainable beauty renaissance will propel the beauty industry into a new era. Instead of working independently, consumers and brands will develop relationships rooted in transparency and trust. For more information on how to join this exciting next decade, register for our Beauty Renaissance Series.