The patented technology behind our bio-fermentation manufacturing process ensures each drop of sugar is used as effectively as possible. It’s how we make our clinically proven, high-performance ingredients without compromising the environment — and how we’ve become one of the leading sustainable beauty ingredient manufacturers.
Go Net-Positive for the Planet:
- Sugarcane-derived Squalane uses 585X less land than olive-derived Squalane.
- Bio-fermentation uses 52X less water than olive-derived Squalane.
- Any bio-fermentation waste product is thoughtfully repurposed:
- 60% of the water is recycled
- Spent yeast are applied as fertilizer
- Bagasse (sugarcane pulp) creates steam power for bio-fermentation and the local power grid.
Sugarcane bio-fermentation creates an impressively sustainable solution for traditional ingredients like olive-derived Squalane. As the only sugarcane Squalane supplier, we replace the demand for shark-derived Squalane equating to millions of sharks yearly. Bonsucro, a World Wildlife Fund-founded NGO, certifies fair treatment and wages for all along our sugarcane supply chain.
Aprinnova: the trusted sustainable beauty ingredient manufacturer