NEOSSANCE® SQUALANE –
Neossance® Squalane is Aprinnova’s signature renewable cosmetic ingredient
It is one of the highest quality and most versatile emollients on the market due to its sensorial profile, biocompatibility and consistently robust composition. It is a non-polar, fully saturated and very stable hydrocarbon which happens to be naturally present in the skin. It is an excellent moisturizer, keeping your skin and your hair properly hydrated and imparting suppleness and flexibility to the skin.
Due to its exceptional properties, squalane has been a long time favorite of cosmetic formulators. It provides a silky, smooth and luxurious touch, without a greasy, heavy after-feel. Through its renewable platform, Aprinnova has developed a unique process that enables the production of plant sugar-derived, pure squalane. It offers a reliable supply and stable price, with very high quality and has proven performances supported by data.
- Naturally present in the skin
- Luxurious sensorial profile
- Good for sensitive skin
Reliable & Sustainable:
- Stable supply
- Stable competitive price
- Plant sugar-derived
- Readily biodegradable
- China 2014 listed IECIC
- REACH registered
Easy to Formulate:
- Consistent composition
- Colorless, odorless
- Fully saturated hydrocarbon
- Stable to heat, cold, UV and oxidation
supported by data
*Note: Purchasers of squalane from Aprinnova are solely responsible for ensuring compliance of their cosmetics products with all applicable regulatory requirements, including claims regarding the effect of squalane on skin or hair
- Increases cell turnover
- Binds moisture and provides lasting nourishment to the skin
- Enhances skin barrier
- Reduces skin roughness and increases skin elasticity
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Penetrates the hair shaft
- Provides heat protection
- Improves combability
- Prevents moisture loss and nourishes
- Improves shine
- Enhances elasticity and prevents breakage
a variety of cosmetic applications.
- Squalane is naturally present in the skin
- Neossance Squalane is an “active” emollient. It has proven performance to increase cell turnover, improve skin elasticity, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and enhance the skin barrier*
- It has an elegant sensorial profile: it creates luxurious nourishing textures, spreads easily, absorbs rapidly with a persistent softening effect
- The silky smooth and luxurious touch of Neossance Squalane create rich and elegant textures for hair applications
- It is an excellent ingredient for conditioners, treatments, serums and other hair products due to it’s excellent compatibility with hair, ability to penetrate the hairshaft and proven performance. It increases shine, protects the hair from hot styling tools, and provides moisture
- Neossance Squalane has an elegant sensorial profile: it creates luxurious nourishing textures, spreads easily, and absorbs rapidly with a persistent softening effect
- It has proven performance on the skin. It is an “active” emollient, that will contribute to both the texture and the efficacy of foundations, lipsticks and bases
- It’s benefits can be used in powders as a binding agent
- It enhances the dispersion of pigments
- For mascaras and lash treatments: it strengthens the hair, enhances elasticity and prevents breakage
- For sun care protection, Neossance Squalane provides a very elegant and light texture while nourishing the skin. It allows even application and absorbs easily.
- For after sun care, it provides long lasting moisturization and nourishment to the skin, it absorbs easily with a persistent softening effect.
- Baby products are specially formulated to be mild and non-irritating. Squalane has been safely used for more than 50 years in cosmetics and is naturally present in the skin.
- Neossance Squalane has proven lasting moisturizing properties. It is safe (non irritating, non sensitizing), free from any harmful chemicals, with a very consistent and controlled composition.
- Neossance Squalane is a perfect ingredient for baby oils, lotions, shampoos, powders, creams, and wipes.
Find more detailed information on our products from our marketing and technical downloads. Request access to our documents here.